To add photos to log entries so that you can reference them in both the Site Diary tool and the Photos tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' permissions on the project's Site Diary tool to add photos to a log entry.
- 'Admin' permissions on the project's Photos tool to view photos marked as private.
- 'Read only' and above permissions on the project's Photos tool to view public photos.
- Additional Information:
- If you do not want to use this feature, you may turn off photo aggregation in the Photos configuration page.
- Photos added from the Site Diary tool will be private by default in the Photos tool.
- Photos added to the Site Diary tool will automatically populate in the Photos tool under an album called "Photos from Site Diary".
- Photos that are linked to Drawings / Site Diary have an "Origin" link on the image that links to the item it was originally attached to. Users with 'None' permissions to the Site Diary tool, but access to the photos in the Site Diary tool will see the origin, but they will not have a link to the item (and vice versa).
- Only the following file types can be uploaded: .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, .gif, .png, .x-png, .bmp .
- Navigate to your project's Site Diary tool.
- Scroll to the log that you want to attach a photo to.
- Fill in the fields in the log as necessary.
- Click Attach File(s).
- Use a drag-and-drop operation to attach photos from your computer or click Upload Files to select them manually.
Click Photos to select photos from a photo album in the project.
- Click Attach File(s) to confirm the attachment of the photo(s).
- Click Create to confirm the entry.
Note: The photo(s) will automatically be added to the selected photo album (e.g. "Photos from Site Diary").