To upload a programme file in the Procore web application using the project's Programme tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the project's Programme tool.
- Additional Information:
- If you are uploading an updated project programme using the same file that was previously uploaded to the project's Programme tool in Procore, the information in the Programme Variation Request History section of the Configure Settings will NOT be cleared.
- Project programmes cannot be edited in Procore. They must always be updated in the third-party software application (e.g., Microsoft Project, Asta Powerproject, etc.) and then uploaded into Procore again.
- If you are using Microsoft Project and have a Windows computer, Procore recommends that you update your programme through Procore Drive. See Integrate a Microsoft Project Programme using Procore Drive.
Supported File Formats:
The file types listed below can be uploaded directly:
- MPP (Microsoft Project)
- MPX (Microsoft Project, SureTrak)
- XER (Primavera P6, Primavera Contractor)
- PP (Asta Powerproject, Asta Easyplan)
- XML (Formatted for Microsoft Project, e.g. Smartsheet, OpenProject)
- XML (Primavera PMXML)
- PPX (Phoenix Project Manager)
- FTS (FastTrack Programme)
- POD (ProjectLibre)
- GAN (GanttProject)
- PEP (TurboProject)
- PRX (Primavera P3)
- STX (Primavera SureTrak)
- CDPX (ConceptDraw PROJECT)
- CDPZ (ConceptDraw PROJECT)
- SP (Synchro Scheduler)
- ZIP (Compressed file containing one of the supported file types listed above)
- Navigate to the project's Programme tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Select Programme Settings.
- Under the Upload Project Programme Files area, choose 'File upload via web browser' or 'File Upload Procore Documents'.
File Upload Via Web Browser
- Upload the file:
- Click the Choose File button.
- Navigate to the programme file on your computer or network. Then click Open.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
Note: When the upload is complete, the 'Configure Programme Successfully' banner appears.
- Verify that your programme uploaded as expected.
Note: You can click the different option links in the 'View By' menu in the right pane, to change how your programme information displays.
File Upload Via Procore Documents
- Select File Upload Via Procore Documents.
- In the Programme Filename Pattern, enter the filename pattern you would like to have automatically uploaded to the Programme tool. For example, if you prefix your programme file with the date (e.g. 07-26-17_Construction Programme.mpp), you can use the asterisk (*) symbol to denote that piece of the filename that will change. For example, you would enter*_Construction Programme.mpp into the Programme Filename Pattern fields.
- Important! Enter the exact or partial name of your programme file in the "Programme Filename Pattern" field. For example, you would enter "Construction Programme.mpp" into this field. Uploaded files into documents matching this exact filename pattern will be automatically updated into the Programme tool.
- Tip! When multiple users are accessing the programme file and you're making changes to the file from the Documents tool, it is recommended that you check out the file so the team members don't overwrite your programme changes as you're uploading.