To view Lookahead schedules on the project's Schedule tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- Read-only and above permissions on the project's Programme tool.
- Additional Information:
- Schedule tasks are defined in an integrated project schedule (e.g. MS Project, Primavera P6, etc.).
- Navigate to the project's Schedule tool.
- Click the Lookaheads tab.
Note: You will see a lookahead showing the date range you selected. Lookaheads can be created to range from one to six weeks.
The following colors and symbols can be seen on the Lookahead:
- Red: Critical
- Blue: Non-critical
- Grey Hatch Pattern: Compares your Lookahead schedule to the latest master schedule.
- Hazard Symbol: Shows the date difference between what the Lookahead says compared to the latest master programme uploaded.
The following options are available when viewing a lookahead:
- Click the Configure drop-down menu.
- Choose which columns you want included on the Lookahead chart:
- Mark the checkbox next to each option you want to see as a column.
- Clear the checkboxes next to any options you want to hide.
- Reorder columns on the lookahead chart:
- Hover to the left of the column name you want to move.
- Click and drag the grip icon to drop the column name into a new order.
View Other Lookahead Schedules
- Click the date range drop-down to see all the lookaheads created.
- Click Add Filter.
- Choose from the following options to filter by:
- Critical Tasks
Compare to Latest Master
- Click the toggle ON next to 'Compare Lookahead to the Master' if you want to compare.
Note: A Lookahead will always compare to the latest master programme uploaded. When turning on the compare to latest master you will see a grey hatch pattern directly under the item comparing the lookahead dates with the latest master dates. If there is a delta, a hazard icon will appear next to the programme task in the lookahead.