To set up and use submittal programme calculations to automatically calculate date suggestions for approvers' responses.
Submittal Programme Calculations is an optional configuration feature that can be enabled for use with the Project level Submittals tool. When enabled on a Procore project, this option analyses these key dates, which are entered by the creator under Submittal Programme Information in a submittal package or a submittal item:
- Required On-Site Date
- Lead Time
- Design Team Review Time
- Internal Review Time
After analysing the date entries, Procore automatically populates the calculated date values for the end user in the following fields:
- Planned Return Date
- Planned Internal Review Completed Date
- Planned Submit By Date
Based on the calculated date values above, Procore also suggests dates for the following fields:
- Submitter Due Date
- Approver Due Date
This helps the submittal creator ensure that submittal packages and items submitted to the review team are approved on schedule.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To create a submittal that uses these calculations, 'Standard' level permissions to the Submittals tool.
- To define the calculations used on the project, 'Admin' level permissions to the Submittals tool.
- IMPORTANT! This feature must enabled in the Configure Settings page. See Enable Submittal Programme Calculations.
- Additional Information:
- Programme calculations do NOT automatically populate due dates in the submittal workflow.
- Follow the steps in Create a Submittal.
This reveals the New Submittal page.
- Scroll down to the Submittal Programme Information area.
- Set the following information:
- Programme Task. The programme task associated with the submittal being created. A programme must be uploaded to the project first. See Upload a Project Programme File to Procore's Web Application.
Design Team Review Time. The number of days allotted for the design team's review on the submittal.
Lead Time. The expected number of calendar days that will be required for the material/services for the submittal to arrive.
Required On-Site Date. The date by which materials related to the work detailed on the submittal must be delivered and available at the construction site.
Internal Review Time. The number of calendar days that your project's design team requires to ensure the submittal is properly reviewed.
This illustration shows you an example of these entries and calculations.