After an payment application contact submits a subcontractor payment application, an payment application administrator must review your payment application before it is approved for payment. An payment application administrator is any Procore user who has been granted sufficient permissions to approve or reject your payment application's line items. For details, see Review a Subcontractor Payment Application as an Admin.
As an payment application contact, you may have been granted sufficient access permissions to view the status of the individual line items after this review. For each line item on the payment application, you are informed of the status as follows:
- Lines with a green checkmark indicate the line item was Approved.
- Lines with a red x indicate the line item was Rejected. The payment application manager might also enter an explanation for the rejection in the 'Comments' column.
If a line item is rejected, the payment application's status is updated to 'Revise & Resubmit.' This allows the payment application contact to review the rejected line items on the payment application and adjust the values on those line items as needed.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To revise and resubmit a subcontractor payment application, 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool and you must be the designated 'Payment Application Contact' on the commitment. See Add Payment Application Contacts to a Purchase Order or Subcontract. This automatically adds you to the 'Private' drop-down list on the purchase order or subcontract.
- An payment application administrator must first review the payment application's line items. See Review a Subcontractor Payment Application as an Admin.
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
BetaUnder the Contracts tab, locate the purchase order or subcontract. Then click View.
- Click the Payment Applications tab.
- Locate the payment application to review. Click Edit.
- Review the payment applications as follows:
- Items with a green checkmark to the left of the line show that the item has been approved.
- Items with a red x to the left of the line item mean that the line item has been rejected.
- The Comment column to the right shows any comments that have been added to the line item by the Admin user.
- Adjust your line item amounts as needed.
- Click Submit for Review.