To approve or reject the line items on a subcontractor payment application using the project's Commitments tool.
If you are responsible for managing your project's subcontractor payment applications for accuracy, you can approve or reject individual line items on the payment application. In order to perform a review as an payment application administrator, your Procore user account must be assigned the required user permissions described below. After these permissions are assigned, you can then navigate to the payment application using either the project's Commitments tool or the project's Invoicing tool. This tutorial shows you how to review your project's payment applications using the Commitments tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To review a subcontractor payment application as payment application administrator from the Commitments tool, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool.
- Additional Information:
- To review the status of the line item review as an 'Payment Application Contact,' see Review a Subcontractor Payment Application as an Payment Application Contact.
- To learn how to review a subcontractor payment application from the project's Invoicing tool, see Review a Subcontractor Payment Application as an Admin.
- Create an Payment Application on Behalf of an Payment Application Contact
- The contract must be in the Under Review status. See Submit a New Payment Application as an Payment Application Contact and What are the default statuses for Procore payment applications?
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Click the Contracts tab.
- Locate the purchase order or subcontract with the payment application in the contracts table. Then click its Number link to open it.
- In the purchase order or subcontract, click the Payment Applications tab.
- In the 'Payment Applications (Payment Applications)' table, locate the payment application to review. Then click View.
- Click the Detail tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- In the Line Items table, approve or reject each line item on the payment application as follows:
- To approve a line item, click the GREEN checkmark so it appears in a circle . This indicates you have approved the line item.
- To reject a line item:
- Click the RED 'x' so it appears in a circle .
- Enter a reason in the Leave a Reason Why box.
- Comments entered in the 'Leave a Reason Why' box are NOT included in the automated email sent to the payment application contact. However, you can export a PDF that includes a 'Reasons for Difference' table that shows the comments as entered. See Export an Owner Payment Application as a PDF, CSV or PDF with Attachments
- Press ENTER to submit your explanation for rejecting the line item.
- If you have enabled the Enable Subcontractor Proposed Amounts option in Commitment Settings, the 'Subcontractor Claimed This Period' column appears. To learn more, see Create a Payment Programme.
- The 'Subcontractor Claimed This Period' column can reflect what an payment application contact submitted, a user with 'Admin' level permissions can adjust the 'Work Completed This Period' and 'Materials Presently Stored' columns separately to set the appropriate amounts.
- Click Save.
- In the Finish Review popup window, update the status as needed and add any information in the Overall Comments box.
- Click Update to complete the review.
- If you rejected any of the line items, Procore automatically sets the status to Revise and Resubmit.
- If you approved all of the line items, Procore automatically sets the status to Under Review.