To create line items on a main contract's Programme of Values (BOQ) using the line items from a project's budget.
After your construction project's original budget is finalized in the project's Budget tool, it is recommended that you lock the budget. Once locked, you can use the steps below to quickly import your budget line items to your main contract's BOQ.
When using this method, you have two (2) options:
- Create one line item on the main contract's BOQ for each line item on the project's budget.
The example below shows you the line items on a budget that can be used to create corresponding line items on a main contract's BOQ. For example, 01-000-Purpose: Labour, 01-002-Instructions: Labour, 01-010 Project Manager: Labour, and so on.
- Create one line item on the main contracts BOQ for each division summary on the project's budget.
The example below shows you all of the division summaries on a budget. For example, 01-General Requirements, 02-Site Construction, 03-Concrete, and so on.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Main Contracts tool.
- If you have created multiple main contracts, please be aware that you can import budget line items to a Main Contract's Programme of Values (BOQ). However, you do NOT have the ability to choose which budget line items that you want to import. To learn more, see Are there any system limitations when creating multiple main contracts?
- Create your project's budget. See Set up a Budget.
- Lock your project's budget. See Lock a Budget.
- Ensure the main contract is in the 'Draft' status.
- Ensure your main contract's BOQ is blank. You can only use the steps below when a main contract's BOQ has zero (0) line items.
- Set the accounting method on the contract. See Edit the Advanced Settings Tab on a Main Contract.
- Navigate to the project's Main Contracts tool.
- Locate the main contract that you want to update. Then click its Number link.
NotesTo create an BOQ from a budget, ensure you have completed all Prerequisites.
- Click the Bill of Quantities tab.
- Click Edit.
- Under Create Bill of Quantities from Budget, choose one of the available options:
- Option Button 1
This option creates one line item on the main contract's BOQ for each line item on the project's budget.
- Option Button 2
This option creates one line item on the main contract's BOQ for the summaries of each division on the project's budget.
- Option Button 1
- Click Create.