Before anyone can create a subcontractor payment application, an payment application administrator must create a billing period. An administrator can then create a subcontractor payment application and send an 'Invite to Bill' to a payment application contact.
This is an example of an 'Invite to Bill' sent by a payment application administrator.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- You must be an payment application administrator.
- The commitment associated with the payment application must have an assigned payment application contact.
- The Subcontractor Bill of Quantities must be in the 'Approved' status.
- You cannot send an 'Invite to Bill' for the open billing period if it is past the payment application's 'Due Date.'
- Additional Information:
- Alternatively, you can Create a Subcontractor Payment application on Behalf of a Payment Application Contact.
- An 'Invite to Bill' is not required to create a payment application to release retention only. See Create a Subcontractor Payment application for the Release of Retention.
- Make sure the payment applications you plan to select:
- Have a payment application contact. See Add Payment application Contacts to a Purchase Order or Subcontract.
- Correspond to an Open billing period. See Edit Billing Periods.
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
- Click the Subcontractor tab to view a list of subcontractor payment applications.
TipWant to adjust the filter to only see payment applications that haven't been sent an 'Invite to Bill? Click Add Filter, choose Payment application Status, and mark the Not Invited box.
- Select the payment applications to send invites for:
- To select individual payment applications, mark the tickboxes in the corresponding rows.
- To select all payment applications, mark the tickbox at the top of the table.
Is the 'Send Invites' button greyed out? Possible reasons for an inactive 'Send Invites' button include:
- A commitment doesn't have an assigned payment application contact. You can only send an invite when a payment application contact is assigned to a commitment. See Add Payment application Contacts to a Purchase Order or Subcontract.
- A Subcontractor Bill of Quantities (SBOQ) isn't approved. You can only send an invite with the Subcontractor Bill of Quantities (SBOQ) is in the 'Approved' status. See Enable or Disable the Subcontractor BOQ Tab on the Commitments Tool and Review a Subcontractor BOQ for a Commitment.
- The date that you send an invite is past the due date on the billing period. You cannot send an 'Invite to Bill' for the open billing period if it is past the payment application's 'Due Date.' See Manage Billing Periods.
- Click Send Invites.
After sending the invites, the following occurs:
- A success banner appears to confirm the invitation was sent.
- The contract is removed from the 'Not Invited' count to the 'Invited' count.