Update a Subcontractor Bill of Quantities as a Payment Application Contact from the Progress Billings Tool
Limited ReleaseThe Progress Billings tool is only available to Procore customers in the United States and Canada who have implemented the Procore for Speciality Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see (Limited Release) Owners & Speciality Contractors Point-of-View Dictionary Options.
To edit the Subcontractor Schedule of Values on a commitment as an invoice contact from the Progress Billings tool.
In Procore, the 'Subcontractor BOQ' tab is enabled on the Commitments tool by default. This tab provides your downstream contractors with a way to provide a detailed breakdown of specific work items on a commitment. This breakdown is entered by your contractors on a separate tab—to ensure the committed amounts on each line item on the subcontract's general 'Bill of Quantities' tab remains consistent with the approved agreement.
Let's assume you are a main contractor and have a subcontract with 'ABC Concrete'. Before your company will approve payment for work items on that subcontract, you want the subcontractor to provide a line item breakdown of each cost code/cost type combination to describe their costs in more detail.
To do this, you can have Procore send an email notification to the designated 'Payment Application Contact' on the commitment. This email asks their company to complete the Subcontractor BOQ. After the subcontractor adds their detailed line item breakdown to demonstrate their labour costs, materials or other costs associated with the work items, they can then submit the completed data entry back for your review.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To add a line item to the Subcontractor BOQ tab of any contract, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool.
- To add a line item to the Subcontractor BOQ tab of a specific contract, 'Read Only' level permissions or higher and you must be the commitment's designated payment application contact. To learn more, see What is a payment application contact?
- To add a line item to the Subcontractor SOV tab when a contract is not marked 'Private,' 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool with the 'Create Purchase Order Contract' granular permission and/or 'Create Work Order Contract' granular permission enabled on your permissions template.
- To add a line item to the Subcontractor BOQ tab when a contract is marked 'Private,' 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool and added as an 'Invoice Contact' and as member 'Private' drop-down list with the 'Allow Users to See BOQ Items' tickbox enabled on the purchase order or subcontract. For details, see Create a Commitment.
- The Subcontractor BOQ tab is only supported by the Amount Based accounting method. It is not supported by the Unit-Quantity based accounting method. See How do I set the accounting method for a contract or funding?
- Only the detail line items added on the Subcontractor BOQ tab will carry over to the payment application.
- Additional Information:
- To update a Subcontractor BOQ, it must be in 'Draft' or 'Revise & Resubmit' status.
- You must add line items to the Subcontractor BOQ before you create subcontractor payment applications for the purchase order or subcontract.
- For companies using the ERP Integrations tool: Show/Hide
- The Subcontractor BOQ in Procore detailed below does NOT sync with the integrated ERP system.
- Only the general BOQ on the commitment in Procore is synced with the integrated ERP system. See Add a Line Item to a Commitment's Bill of Quantities.
- The purchase order or subcontract must be configured for the Amount Based accounting method See How do I set the accounting method for a contract or funding?
- The Subcontractor BOQ tab must be enabled. See Enable or Disable the Subcontractor BOQ Tab on a Commitment.
- The Subcontractor BOQ must be in 'Draft' or 'Revise & Resubmit' status.
- Open the Subcontractor Schedule of Values from the Progress Billings Tool
- Update the Subcontractor Bill of Quantities
Open the Subcontractor Schedule of Values from the Progress Billings Tool
Did you receive an email inviting you to provide a breakdown of your bill of quantities on a commitment? If you are a payment application contact for the 'Contract Company' on a commitment contract, the company that you are performing work for may invite you to provide a detailed breakdown of the bill of quantities on a commitment contract. To respond to that email instead of using the steps below, see How do I submit a Subcontractor Bill of Quantities for a Procore commitment?
- Navigate to the project's Progress Billings tool.
- Click the Subcontractor tab.
- In the table, locate the payment application associated with the commitment.
- Click its Contract link to open it.
Update the Subcontractor Bill of Quantities
If you are a payment application administrator (or a payment application contact who has been invited to update a Subcontractor BOQ), you can perform these steps on the commitment contract.
- In the commitment, click the Subcontractor BOQ tab.
NoteIf you do NOT see a 'Subcontractor BOQ' tab on the commitment contract, a user with 'Admin' level permissions on the Commitments tool must enable it. See Add a Subcontractor BOQ to a Commitment and Enable or Disable the Subcontractor BOQ Tab on the Commitments Tool.
- Click Edit.
- Enter a detailed line-item breakdown in the Subcontractor BOQ tab as follows:
- Click the +Add Line Item link.
- In the Description box add a detailed description of the work to complete.
- In the Amount box, add the specific amount for that work.
- Continue this step until the 'Remaining to Allocate' amount for that budget code and description reads £0.00.
- When you have allocated all of the amounts in the Subcontractor BOQ tab, click the Submit button.
- The Submit button is dimmed and unavailable until the Remaining to Allocate fields in the Subcontractor BOQ all read £0.00.
- After you click the button, Procore changes the status of the Subcontractor BOQ to Under Review.
- You will NOT be able to edit your submission unless the payment application administrator changes the status of the Subcontractor BOQ to Revise & Resubmit.