Phased Release: Modernised Subcontractor Payment application ExperienceThis page details the modernised subcontractor payment application experience.
Limited ReleaseThe Progress Billings tool is only available to Procore customers in the United States and Canada who have implemented the Procore for Speciality Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see (Limited Release) Owners & Speciality Contractors Point-of-View Dictionary Options.
To provide downstream collaborators with payment application submission rights in a Procore project, a payment application administrator can add a payment application contact to their commitment. If a collaborator has more than one commitment on your Procore project, administrators can add a different payment application contact to each commitment. Alternatively, your company's Procore Administrator can set a default payment application contact in the downstream collaborator's company record.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- You must be an payment application administrator.
- Additional Information:
- Subcontractor payment applications originate in the Project level Commitments tool.
- Complete the steps in How do I add payment application contacts to Procore?
- Create the commitment to which you want to add the payment application contact. See Create a Commitment.
- Navigate to the project's Progress Billings tool.
- Click the Subcontractor tab.
- Locate the invoice to work with in the list. Then, click its Contract link to open the commitment contact.
- Click Edit.
- Under 'General Information', do the following:
- Make sure the correct company is selected in the Contract Company drop-down list.
- Select one or more individuals from the Payment application Contacts drop-down list. The users you select here are automatically added to the 'Private' drop-down list.
To select a payment application contact from the 'Payment Application Contacts' list, the following must be true:
- A 'Contract Company' must be set on the commitment. This populates the list with all of the company profiles in the Company Directory. See Add a User Account to the Company Directory.
- To appear in 'Invoice Contacts' list, the user must be an employee of the selected 'Contract Company'. See Add a User Account to the Project Directory.
- Click Save.
- When does Procore send email notifications to payment application contacts? See Do payment application contacts receive emails from Procore?
- When does Procore send email notifications to members of the 'Invoice Distribution' list? Members added to the Commitment tool's 'Invoice Distribution' list (see Configure Settings: Commitments) receive notifications when:
- A payment application contact submits or resubmits a Subcontractor Bill of Quantities. See How do I submit a Subcontractor Bill of Quantities for a Procore commitment?
- A payment application administrator changes the status of the Subcontractor Bill of Quantities from any status to 'Under Review.' See Review a Subcontractor BOQ for a Commitment.